My World

My World
The street on which I live.

Monday, 26 March 2007

And so it was that a girl with far too much time on her hands sat at her laptop and began to type...

I think almost everyone with internet access has a blog these days, whether they'll admit it or not. Well, a great deal of people within my generation, certainly. My generation being anywhere from 12 to late 40's, I would guess. Me, I'm 21. To get technical, 21 years, 3 months, 9 days and almost 6 hours as of now.

But who gets technical, right?

So, as for the person I am... I am me. You either take it or leave it, I've got no time for those who want to change me, shape me to their own ideals as to how I should be... I'm not perfect, nor do I want to be. But I'm more or less happy with the person I am, so that should count for something. Generally, if you have an open mind and can accept those whose beliefs and lifestyles may differ from yours, then generally you'll find me and you get along swimmingly.

Swimmingly. There's an odd word... I wonder who came up with it. I should ask my dad. He's a walking encyclopaedia. It's thanks to him I have a vocabulary that contains words like gynotickelobamasophile (Misspelled - means "One with a penchant for nibbling women's earlobes"), and kakkarophiaphobia (Also missspelled - means "fear of failure". Can you imagine walking into a therapist's office and being asked to spell it? Ye gods...)

So, anyways, now we get down to the very basics about me... Well, you already know I'm 21. I'm a South African, of Scottish descent (not that it matters). I'm female. I'm a lesbian. I read a lot, and write a lot. I play games, I do art (Albeit not very well). I love music, most music, though mostly rock, metal, that sort of thing, but I'll listen to anything that pulls on my soul. I have a dog named Kimba, and two cats named Cleo and Fennel. I live with both my parents. My sister, Bronwen, lives with her fiance, Brett, and my 10-month-old nephew, Xavier, around whom my life revolves. I'm a journalism student. I procrastinate. I don't exercise enough. I can get annoying. I don't hide my faults, but chances are I'll blame someone for them. It's who I am.

A shallow person would judge me all on that above paragraph. If they saw me in real life, they'd probably judge me on my appearance. I hope that most of those reading this are not shallow people, because those who know me know I'm much more than a paragraph of adjectives and family life.

So... this is me. This is my life. Those interested can join in for the ride, 'cause I, like everyone else in the world, have a story to tell. At times it may be confusing, but as Mark Twain once said, "No wonder truth is stranger than fiction; fiction has to make sense!"

No comments: